- Texas State University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Colorado School of Banking
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Financial Institutions
- Business Advisory
David had over 28 years of continuing service with the Texas Department of Banking. During his career, David assumed an escalating degree of responsibility in the examination of state chartered or licensed financial institutions including commercial banks, trust companies, foreign bank agencies and money service businesses. As a result, David has an excellent understanding of bank operations, credit administration and the unique rules and regulations made applicable to these institutions.
Throughout his career with the Banking Department, David served as a Senior Bank Examiner and was responsible for directing the examination of state chartered financial institutions. He has a thorough background in evaluating the condition of institutions through assessing capital, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk and all aspects of management.
David’s professional career includes:
- Participating in over 550 examinations of institutions ranging in size from small community banks to regional banks with assets in excess of $60 billion.
- Serving as Examiner In Charge of over 125 examinations of smaller community banks to larger regional institutions with assets in excess of $10 billion.
- Working independently, or with federal law enforcement officers, in performing approximately 100 bank fraud investigations resulting in numerous convictions or Prohibition Orders issued by the Banking Commissioner.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)