- M.B.A. Internal Audit/Information Systems
- B.A in Liberal Arts from Louisiana State University
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information System Auditor
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment
- Energy – Oil & Gas
- Professional Services
- Restaurants & Hospitality
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls & SOX Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Advisory Services
Joseph is a certified leader with a unique combination of public accounting, consulting, and hands-on industry experience. He has over twenty continuous years in the audit, controls, business process, governance, and project management professions. Joseph is focused on value-added activities as opposed to taking a compliance-based approach. He has an objective mindset, while still acting as an advisor to management on improving organizational efficiency.
Joseph is an accomplished communicator, speaker and writer, having presented countless programs and reports, published several non-technical pieces, and facilitated or participated in multiple panels and discussions including dozens of Audit Committee meetings.
He is a proven and skilled negotiator and manager, having negotiated audit findings, contract terms, sub-contractors as well as managed often-contradictory expectations from organizational leaders and stake holders.
Joseph’s specialized skill sets include the establishment and transformation of internal audit functions, first year implementations of SOX, business process and control consulting, special project management, and overall corporate governance activities (audit committee communications, disclosure committees, ethics and compliance, hotlines, policies and procedures, etc).
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Information System Audit and Control Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- United Way