- B.S.B.A. in Accounting from Auburn University
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Professional Services
- Restaurants & Hospitality
- Private Company Audit & Attestation
- Employee Benefit Plan 401(k) Audits
Meresa has more than 27 years of experience providing audit and consulting services to mid-sized private businesses and employee benefit plans. She currently oversees the ERISA practice for the firm, which consists of audits of more than 170 employee benefit plans, including 401(k), ESOPs, defined benefit pension plans, and health and welfare plans for Department of Labor filing requirements, as well as several 11k filings with the SEC.
Meresa thrives on the success of her clients and believes that is the reason for their loyalty and glowing recommendations. Her connections within the business community allow her to make appropriate introductions that make a real difference to her clients.
Meresa is the past chair of the audit department of the firm and continues to place an emphasis on quality and adherence to professional standards.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Board member of The Entrepreneurship Institute
- Board member of the Women’s Finance Exchange
- Past chairperson for BKR International’s Employee Benefit Plan Auditing Committee
- Active member of the Greater Houston Auburn Club
- Helping with scholarship opportunities for Houston-area high school students to attend Auburn University