During his more than fifteen-year journey in public accounting, Calvin has learned to develop not only the technical skills that have contributed to his success at the Firm, but the interpersonal skills that allow his clients and teams that he supports to make the audit process more streamlined, efficient, and allow those involved in the process to grow personally and professionally.
With a deep specialization within the ERISA practice area, Calvin is a Partner within the Firm’s leading employee benefit plan practice area that is quickly approaching 200 plans and is currently in the top 1.5% of CPA firms that perform employee benefit plan audits nationwide.
Calvin’s expertise has provided him with the knowledge base to become an ERISA subject matter expert to his clients, and he often speaks on ERISA-related topics and panel discussions.
Calvin believes that once you understand the “why”, it is easier to evaluate the “how”. A great deal of what informs that thinking is Calvin’s passion for travel, where his keen appreciation of diverse cultures and varying points of view has taught him to be a better auditor, leader within the firm, and a Sherpa for the audit process for his clients.
Calvin takes pride in developing and nurturing relationships with his clients. He views them as partners in a process and believes that his success is achieved in the understanding, growth, and development of his clients’ technical and business needs.
In his free time, Calvin enjoys outdoor activities, exploring, and when not in Houston is typically exploring Brazil.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA)
- Member of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas & Virginia
- AICPA Defined Benefit Plans Audit Advanced
- AICPA Defined Contribution Plans Audit Advanced
- Virginia Tech
- B.S. in Accounting