As a trusted advisor and leader, Jason works primarily with closely held middle-market companies to develop and execute tax planning and savings strategies.
His clients are typically S corps, C corps, and partnerships, where effective tax planning can have a positive impact on both the business entity and personal taxes.
In his role as tax advisor, Jason and his team help family-owned businesses negotiate both the compliance and the interpersonal issues that come with multi-generational transitions of businesses.
Jason's demeanor and technical knowledge can ease such transitions.
As leader of Briggs & Veselka's tax department, Jason takes pride in developing his professional staff to "pay it forward."
Mentoring, coaching, and growing the firm's tax professionals in alignment with the firm's growth strategy is the aspect of his department chair role that Jason finds most rewarding.
- Federal tax planning and compliance
- Business succession planning
- Transition planning for closely-held businesses
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Nicholls State University
- B.S. in Accounting