Jason has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting and the legal field, providing tax services – including tax structuring, planning, and compliance – to consolidated groups, S corps, and partnerships for both public and private entities as well as individuals.
Prior to joining Briggs & Veselka, Jason worked extensively in the Transaction Advisory Services practice of a Big 4 accounting firm for over seven years.
During that tenure, he was involved with transactions ranging in size from $4 million to $15 billion, performing due diligence and tax structuring.
Jason worked significantly to assist clients with tax attribute analysis, including Section 382, earnings and profits (E&P), and stock basis.
He's conducted this analysis for a range of clients from small, closely held corporations to large Fortune 500 companies.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Texas State Bar and its Houston Chapter
- Member of the Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Attorney – Texas
- Certified M&A Advisor
- University of Houston
- B.B.A. in Accounting
- South Texas College of Law
- Juris Doctorate
- University of Houston Law Center
- LL.M. in Taxation