Jim has over 25 years of extensive background in internal audit, regulatory compliance, financial planning and analysis, financial institution operations, and technical accounting research and reporting with a focus in the banking industry. His experiences throughout the years also include trust/bank operations audits, BSA/AML/OFAC audits, Sarbanes-Oxley, HMDA/fair lending reviews, regulatory compliance audits, mortgage operations, risk assessments, credit administration, asset liability management, and profitability analysis.
Prior to joining Briggs & Veselka, Jim held the roles of Vice President of Risk Management, assistant controller, and internal audit director at multiple banks and Risk Advisory Consultant at Experis Finance.
While a consultant with Experis Finance, Jim was engaged as a Mortgage Loan Compliance Advisor – Subject Matter Expert for BMO Harris Bank in Chicago from April 2014 through December 2015. As a compliance advisor he reported directly to the Bank's Mortgage Lending Executive Management group and was responsible for:
- Policy and Procedure implementation and process transformation
- Establishing key compliance controls for mortgage origination process
- Establish mortgage loan quality control compliance testing for the Bank's quality assurance department
- Involved with TRID and mortgage application system implementation
- Worked with the Bank's mortgage loan originators, underwriters, processors, and closers to ensure compliance with significant mortgage lending regulations.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Indiana CPA Society
Certified Public Accountant – Indiana
- Bethel College
- B.A. in Accounting