Mark is committed to assisting business owners by providing strategic tax planning, often working with closely-held companies to help minimize their overall tax exposure.
His clients value his input and often tap the vast knowledge he has collected over his 37-year career.
Mark truly values when his input positively impacts a client's profitability.
Some of Mark's career highlights include:
- Consulted and implemented cost segregation studies, R&D Credits, and domestic production activities deduction strategies that have saved the owners of a mid-size manufacturing business more than two million dollars in taxes in recent years
- Provided valuation guidance and tax and consulting services to a family group to reduce the potential overall estate tax by more than one million dollars
- Assisted in multi-million dollar corporate refinancing efforts for an entrepreneurial transportation company which allowed their bank to be comfortable with the company's operating results and financial condition
- Arranged for "like kind exchanges" for some of his clients' large properties, such as ranches, that have deferred over several hundred thousand dollars in tax gains on sales. He has assisted family business owners in the transfer of assets and prides himself on finding the best opportunities that suit the needs of his clients
He is the director of the firm's Business Valuation Services, where he guides clients through estate and gift valuation, business purchases and sales, and for use in business succession planning.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Ball State University
- B.S. in Accounting