Throughout his nearly a decade in public accounting, Rubik has provided forensic accounting and litigation support services to numerous clients in the areas of complex commercial litigation, fraud investigations, Anti-Fraud, Waste & Abuse matters, and compliance matters (including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act matters).
He has refined the use of big data analytics to reduce the total engagement man hours and increase the testing bases for matters involving datasets ranging from thousands of rows up to millions of rows (and multiple terabytes) of data.
Rubik has successfully advised clients on matters involving:
- Analysis and reconciliation of big data sets to identify and quantify anomalies and variances
- Leveraging big data sets to provide meaningful and timely feedback to clients through KPIs and/or dashboards
- Computing economic damages in several civil litigation disputes involving theft of trade secrets and/or breaches of employment agreements for oil and gas companies
- Assisted with several disputes amongst shareholders and business owners across various industries involving breach of contract or breach of fiduciary duty
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter (TXCPA Houston)
- Serves on the Board of Directors with TXCPA and TXCPA Houston and is a member of the CPAs Helping Schools committee
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- University of Houston
- BBA in Accounting
- Masters of Accountancy
- Provided expert testimony relating to the removal of information from a QuickBooks file in a case involving the estate of a fisherman and his Individual Fishing Quota shares.
- Provided expert testimony relating to economic damages of counter-plaintiff, as well as rebuttal testimony of plaintiff’s alleged damages, in a dispute involving owners’ financial interests in multifamily residential and commercial real estate properties.
- Provided expert testimony relating to economic damages incurred by plaintiff in a case involving construction delays and related damages in a commercial real estate project involving a general contractor and subcontractors.
- Provided expert testimony relating to economic damages incurred by plaintiff resulting from defendant’s breach of fiduciary duty in a dispute involving common owners of a concrete business.
- Provided expert testimony relating to economic damages of counter-plaintiff in a dispute involving improper distribution of company assets and proceeds among common owners in an oilfield services business.