Sheila offers a powerful blend of financial expertise and legal perspective to her publicly traded and privately held company clients.
She has over 22 years of experience in delivering high-level assurance and consulting services.
She also has extensive experience in analyzing complex business transactions related to accounting, economic, and financial issues.
Sheila's experience includes providing supervisory SEC audit and review services for publicly-held companies.
Sheila has served as a consulting and testifying expert witness in various cases involving claims such as breach of contract, fraud, fraudulent transfer, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, shareholder oppression, and employment cases.
In her capacity as an expert, she has performed forensic investigations, asset tracing, economic damages/lost profits calculations, and provided expert testimony in court and in depositions.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Served on the AICPA Governing Council
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter
- Serves on the State Executive Board of Directors
- Former President of the Houston Chapter's Executive
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Mercy College
- B.S. in Public Accounting
- Long Island University
- University of Houston Law Center
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- 2020 Breakthrough Woman by the Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce
- 2020 Most Admired CEO by the Houston Business Journal
- 2019 Business Journal National Finance Influencer
- 2017 Women Who Mean Business by the Houston Business Journal