Susan has extensive experience in performing governmental and non-profit audits.
She has sixteen years of experience providing audit services in the public accounting sector.
Her professional experience includes management of all aspects of non-profit, corporate, and governmental audit, review and compilation engagements.
Before joining Briggs & Veselka, Susan worked on non-profit and governmental engagements, many of which included single audits at both Null Lairson, P.C. in Houston and Lovvorn Kieschnick, LLP in Corpus Christi.
Susan's experience also includes identifying and recommending procedures related to proper reporting of financial information, improvements in internal controls, enhancement of operating efficiency, compliance with state and federal regulations, and staying abreast of relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements and their applicability.
She also adds value to a client's business by assisting them with interpreting and implementing sound accounting and audit policies and solving complex accounting and financial reporting problems.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TXCPA) and its Houston Chapter
- 2011 graduate of the "Leadership Excellence for Nonprofits" sponsored by The George Foundation and The Fort Bend County Chamber of Commerce
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate II
- Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi
- B.B.A. in Accounting