Thao has over 12 years of legal experience and 16 years of accounting related experience. She practices in the areas of data privacy and risk assessments.
She has advised clients on economic, valuation, and strategy issues related to intellectual property, general business, and commercial disputes.
Her role as privacy officer and experience in data privacy allows her to support clients with their privacy risk assessments and compliance.
Thao's past corporate counsel and litigation consulting experience within the healthcare field allows her to bring her vast healthcare industry expert knowledge to support clients in improving and optimizing physician practice economics, risk analysis and assessments, regulatory compliance and risk management services, and expert services.
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member of the American Academy of Attorney-CPAs (AAA-CPA)
- Member of the Association of Women Attorneys
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Patent Litigation subcommittee for Damages, Trademark Litigation, Women in IP Law Action Group and the Diversity Action Group Committee
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Asian American Bar Association
- Advisor for the TMCx Innovation Institute
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified Mediator
- University of Texas Austin
- BBA in Accounting
- University of Houston Law Center