- B.B.A in Accounting from the University of Texas – Austin
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Financial Institutions
- Life Sciences
- Technology & Media
- Private Company Audit & Attestation
- Public Company Audit & Attestation
- Employee Benefit Plan 401(k) Audits
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Expert Witness Testimony
Tom has been performing financial statement audits, due dilligence, and mergers and acqusition consulting for public and private companies for more than thirty years. He also has performed expert testimony and provided litigation support services. His primary focus area is performing financial audits of small to mid-size companies.
Tom has prior experience as a financial officer for Applied Materials (Nasdaq; AMAT), Empire Funding Corp. (consumer finance) and Aegis Mortgage (Mortgage Lending). Prior to that he worked for KPMG (accounting firm) in Austin, Texas for eleven years and E&Y in Houston, Texas for three years. Tom was also a founding partner of PMB Helin Donovan, LLP, CPAs.
Tom also has experience in working with companies operating internationally. Tom’s private sector employment and firm management provides experience in business management, strategic planning, culture, and growing a business profitably. He brings these experiences to every engagement.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Treasurer of The First Tee of Greater Austin
- Board Member of Association for orporate Growth (ACG) Central Texas
- Member of the Texas Society of CPAs (TXCPA) and its Austin Chapter
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)