On August 24th, Briggs & Veselka, First State Bank and Duckett Bouligny & Collins sponsored a presentation on the tax, transition and financial considerations for the transition of closely-held businesses, the mainstay of the American economy.
This presentation discussed:
- Understanding the value of advanced transition planning to achieve your personal and business strategies
- Overview of transition options available to business owners
- The expected and unexpected issues related to tax liabilities to ensure closely held businesses pay no more than their fair share of taxes related to a transition
- The legal preparation that should take place now in anticipation of a transition even into the distant future
- A panel discussion of lessons learned advising other closely held businesses
The event took place in El Campo, Texas at the Prasek’s Hillje Smokehouse Meeting Room.