Accounting is complex and doesn't always make sense.
How do you prepare financial statements for an initial public offering? Did you account for the recent business combination resulting from the acquisition correctly?
To address complex topics completely and accurately, you need seasoned, dedicated professionals with focused attention on the matters at hand.
The day-to-day demands of controllership functions do not always allow for the "extras" that come through business.
And frankly, even the day-to-day demands of an accounting and finance team require significant time and commitment to meet the business's needs.
At Briggs & Veselka, we have dedicated resources to provide the ongoing technical accounting and financial reporting service needs of our advisory clients, including:
- On-call technical accounting consulting
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) conversions
- Assistance with implementation of accounting standards, including ASC 606 and ASC 842
- In-depth reviews and/or drafting of technical accounting memoranda and conclusions
- Assessment of current accounting policies and assistance in optimizing policy decisions
- Leading the organization's preparation of Form 10-Q and 10-K
- Drafting of key disclosures related to newly implemented accounting guidance
In addition to the above, Briggs & Veselka has the right blend of practical experience and technical knowledge to help address your most complex accounting issues.
We are here to assist you with those areas that require specialized guidance such as the following:
- Accounting for complex debt and equity financings, debt modifications, financial instruments, and derivatives
- Impairment analyses for both goodwill and long-lived assets
- Analysis of share-based payments and assessment of the impact that share-based payments may have on company financial statements
- Assistance in analyzing the accounting and reporting requirements for foreign currency transactions and the translation of financial statements from a foreign currency to the reporting currency for purposes of consolidation, combination, or the equity method of accounting
- Evaluation of whether a reporting entity should consolidate variable interest or voting interest entities
- ASC 842 – Lease Accounting: Review of leasing arrangements for accounting implications – debt versus lease considerations under the new leasing guidance
- ASC 606 - Revenue Recognition
Our work at Briggs & Veselka is to ensure our clients' advisory needs are met through our depth of accounting standards knowledge and our breadth of experience serving clients like you.
Through our advisory services, our team of technical accounting consultants can help you proactively identify and address issues in an effective and efficient manner.