B&V's dedicated Accounting & Reporting Advisory Services professionals provide clients a comprehensive portfolio of services to assist with:
Accounting and reporting of mergers and acquisition activities, including:
- Assistance with purchase accounting (e.g. purchase accounting workbook, related memos and financial statement disclosure preparation)
- Assistance with accounting for debt assumed at acquisition
Implementation of new accounting standards (ASC 606 & ASC 842):
Evaluate and document the change in the new standards and their accounting, internal control and financial reporting impacts to the business
Accounting and reporting for stock-based compensations, including:
- Preparation of stock compensation workbooks, corresponding journal entries, related memos and financial statement disclosures
- Assistance with options valuation and analysis, and documentation of assumptions used in preparation of the valuation model
Accounting for debt extinguishment and modification, including:
- Assistance in debt modification vs. extinguishment analysis and post-modification accounting
- Preparation of the related calculations, journal entries and formal analysis documentation
Financial reporting, including:
Preparation of draft financial statements or separate footnote disclosures
Facilitation in communication with external valuation firms and auditors
Our process starts with a deep understanding of your operations and goals. This knowledge, coupled with insight of the processes of external valuation firms and auditors, enables us to approach these conversations with tact.
On-call accounting advisory engagements.
We can help with any accounting project you are wishing to pursue. From complex financial modeling to department-wide efficiency, we have the experience to help you succeed.
We have the global resources and relevant experience serving companies from start-up and rapid growth to large international companies.
We understand the risks, challenges and opportunities presented by business transactions and emerging regulations and guidance.
Our engagements are characterized by hands-on, senior-level involvement, responsiveness, and the highest quality of service.
Briggs & Veselka is the largest CPA firm headquartered in Houston and the 3rd largest in the southwest United States.